December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010! Here comes 2011!

Hey friends! Happy New Year's Eve! Goodbye to 2010!! It's been a great year. I had to shoot one last photo of my little family in 2010. It's freezin' butt cold here today so the family was not into this outdoors shot off the back deck. But, looks like Mama got her way..again.
Life is good. :)
I want to thank you all for following my little blog, leaving great comments and being my online friends. You're just peachy! I hope you will join me for another great year of blogging in 2011. I have some great new things coming to the blogaroonie. You've already see that I'll be sharing my Project Life album.

I'll also be sharing my one little word this year via Ali Edwards' inspiration. I've got my word picked out and will share it soon. I've also signed up for Ali's One Little Word workshop so am looking forward to following along with Ali this year.

Of course I'll be adding new items to my Etsy shop soon. Coming up: Valentine goodies and more.

Soooo, any big plans for tonight? Josey's heading out to party that's bound to go down in history. She thinks it will be *epic*. Her new word. The girl has a new word weekly. She could never handle Ali's one little word for a WHOLE year. No way.

The rest of us? Well, Jordy has a friend over tonight. There will be lots of Wii playing going on and Apples to Apples. Eric and the girls went off on their own at Walmart while I was picking up grocery items. I brought home party food. They brought home two new Wii games. Geez Louise, did we not just have Christmas? :) Oh well fun times, right? Then we decided to invite my folks over and they were just tickled. Woohoo!

On the menu: Our Best Bites recipes to the rescue! From this Happy New Year post full of yummy recipes, we're having Little Smokies fixed with the sauce from the Sweet and Sour Meatballs and yummy Caramel Toffee Fruit Dip with apples and grapes. And of course we have to try the BBQ Bacon Sliders that won the Better Homes and Gardens Cook-Off. The Garlicky Blue Cheese Spread is finger lickin' good. Oh yumness! I cheated a little and used packaged crispy fried onions to save some time. For the bacon, I stuck it in the oven to cook. So easy and less grease splatters. Becky Higgins does it all the time. I love her. Everything's ready except for the little slider burgers. Can't wait. My mouth is watering already! My mom's bringing mini cream puffs with fudge sauce. Hell-OhH!

Okay, I better get a movin' peeps. I still have a blog post to write for the Papertrey Senior Team post. It goes live at 11pm my time. We're kicking off a brand new year of great projects!

One last thing.....you got your black eyed peas ready for New Year's Day? I've got my can sitting out. And I know my dad does too. You have to eat them. For good luck all year. You just have to.
Have a fun, FUN night tonight friends! Be safe, stay warm and I'll see ya in the new year!! Party on!

20 comments:

mamajulie said...

First comment! Wow! Happy New Year, Mish! Thank you for sharing your wonderful inspiration and great attitude with us. You are my first go-to website every day--always something darling and exciting.

LoralieH said...

Hi Mish! I do not always comment but I do read your blog every day! I am also making appetizers from Our Best Bites. I am making the bacon wrapped sausages and the warm corn dip! Yum! I am also doing Project Life and One Little WOrd. My word is HOPE. It kept coming up so I figured that is the word I was supposed to use. Have a great New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great NYE! I love that your husband is as enthusiastic as mine is for these photo shoots.

Looking forward to your blog in 2011.

Priscilla

Karen Lazar said...

Happy New Year Mish! I can't wait to see what you have planned for your blog readers in 2011. Have a great New Years celebration.

Eveline said...

Happy Newyear to you Michelle and to your family. I'm off to bed now, it's already the first of January over here, we shot of lots of beautiful fireworks to welcome the New Year.
Eveline.

Kim H. said...

Happy New Year! I dont comment all the time but I do read your blog religiously. Have a great night and an even better 2011!!!!

Terri said...

Happy New Year! I look forward to following your blog in 2011. Thanks for all of the creativity you have shared with us this year.

Chrisd said...

Happy New Year to you too. I love to find updates from you in my in box. Hope 2011 is filled with wonderful adventures for you and your special family. Hugs from Michigan.

Anonymous said...

I am so addicted to Our Best Bites since you linked there during the 12 days of Christmas! How did I not know about that site before? Have you made the cinnamon bun popcorn yet? If not, you must! I took it EVERYWHERE with me over the holiday season and people liked it so much they were begging me NOT to give them the recipe! Happy New Year! - Trish

patriciad said...

Happy New Year, Mish! Thanks for keeping us motivated with all your creativity. Oh, Apples to Apples is my family's favorite game. Did you get the new Apples to Apples To Go yet? More cards, hysterical words. Fun times. Hope 2011 is a wonderful year for you and your family!

Elizabeth Bracco said...

Mish~ YOU ROCK!! (That said in my best 1980's rock out voice.) Have an EPIC New Year.(That said in my best cool mom voice.) I am looking forward to a new year of inspiration and great ideas from you. No pressure. We could so be neighbors. Of course that is if I didn't live in AK. ;)
Enjoy every minute of your yummy treats and family tonight. XO

Alice said...

sounds like you are going to have lots of fun! thanks for being such an inspiration for the past. looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in the new year! all the best wishes to you and yours in 2011!

Jessie said...

Happy New Year Mish! Love reading your blog! I am doing Ali's One Little Word Project too!! Looking forwards to see what you will have on your blog in 2011! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sharon said...

Happy New Year Mish!
I have loved reading your blog every morning with a nice hot cup of coffee. Here's to another year of pure beautiful craftiness :)

LindaC said...

Happy New Year! Yep, we have our black-eyed peas on the counter also. I'm looking forward to your creations in 2011. Linda C

Mandy said...

Wishing you and your lovely family a very Happy New Year. Really looking forward to seeing all your fabulous 2011 creations....and a big thank you for all the inspiration you share.

Cindy Lyles said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Mish!!! I love cooking bacon in the oven as well - soooo less mess! Good for you in getting Eric to a photo shoot, and your reds are so beautiful - like their mama!! xoxox Cindy

Crestajune said...

Love your blog! Thanks for sharing with us in 2010, looking forward to more in 2011. I am signed up for Ali's One Little Word class too. It will be fun to see your projects! All the best in the new year!

Tina said...

Thank you, Mish, for leading me to ONE LITTLE WORD. Just what I needed for 2011. Thanks for sharing all your lovely creations and your family.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Happy New Year Michelle! I have my new word on my blog, it's CREATE

Related Posts with Thumbnails