December 31, 2010

Love Songs Revisited

Happy New Year friends! Welcome to my first blog post of 2011! It's gonna be a great new year, I can just feel it. The Papertrey Senior Team girls are kickin' off the new year with a post featuring Love Songs. It's a great set chock full of images and popular love song sentiments.

As tradition follows, I make a notepad for just about every occasion. Here I have a fun sample for you using White Notepads and Pine's Happy Spots patterned paper. I've also created a second little gifty item that features my favorite Mark-It markers. It will be the ultimate gift for those who love markers and notepads and all things office-y.
For the notepad top, I used the darling little envelope image and a scalloped circle die from Limitless Layers: 1-3/4" Circle Collection.
The bottom portion of my notepad features the word *love* spelled out on a stitched piece of cardstock. The word *notes* completes the notepad and is layered onto a Tad Bit Bigger Tag from my Etsy shop. The alphabet set used is from Hero Arts.
To package up the little bonus markers, I slipped some patterned paper into a Bookmark Slick. Two markers fit perfectly. I tied up the bundle with some Rustic Cream twine and an envelope embellishment. The small scalloped circle was die cut from the Love Lives Here die collection.
Here's the inside of my notepad. I made it with two notebooks, one adhered to each side of the cardstock cover. I am beginning to include an extra piece of cardstock that is the size of the notepads. This is great when using the Mark-Its so that the ink doesn't bleed through onto the next sheet in the notepad.
A little snippet of a Dainty Doily was slipped under the love accent piece. Such a cute little ensemble.
To package up the two gifts, I tucked them into a Brown Paper Sack. I layered a heart doily (coming soon to my Etsy shop) and a Dainty Doily onto the sack and then tied a Sweet Blush ribbon around the sack.
Another circle embellishment created from Papertrey supplies was slipped under the ribbon. A little pink, vintage bee that I scored from a thrift shop was secured around the ribbon.

18 comments:

Katie said...

This is absolutely perfect! I love it! Brown and pink is my favorite color combo for valentine's...and all the little details on this project are too, too cute!

Anne said...

Oh Michelle I love it, it is gorgeous. I know it is going to be another brilliant year following your blog. Thanks millions and millions. I am going to make one and adapt it to my personal day planner. Oh what a great start to the day.
AOK
http://aokspaperstuff.blogspot.com/

Joy said...

Gorgeous! Love this pretty collection, what a beautiful gift to give someone, thanks for sharing you wonderful creations with us, Happy New Year! Hope 2011 is a happy and safe one for all! Hugs!

Mandy said...

Such a pretty notebook, brown and pink go so well together. Love all the embellishments...Gorgeous Mish!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Awesome!! You really rock the notepads, Mish. This is one of my favorites. TFS!

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Gribouilletaz said...

Happy new year !!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a creative and pretty gift!

♥Wendi said...

Well, you are off to a great
2011. Super cute notepad( always my favorite of yours!)and great idea to wrap up the pens with it. Hey, I'm wondering if Santa came thru with the markers for the girls? If so, I can't wait to see their doodles!

Lorri Wiederkehr said...

Such beautiful gifts...I think that little "vintage" bee is just adorable...what a find. I am always so sad to stop working on Christmas projects, but your post has really made me look forward to starting on Valentine's! Happy New Year!

Sheryl in NM said...

So very beautiful! Thank you for sharing, and wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!!!

Tiff said...

Your ensemble is FABULOUS! I have to go look again to take in all the details!

Karen said...

Amazing ensemble, looks like 2011 will be full of fabulous things. I love that little bee, so cute. Whatever you do with 2011, I will be along for the ride. Thanks for sharing so much of your talent with us.

Createology said...

Wonderful notepad and gift idea. Thank you so much for sharing so generously. Happy 2011...

Unknown said...

I love it Mish! So delicate and sweet - a gift anyone would treasure, right down to the adorable little bee embellishment! Great work!

Crestajune said...

Your notepads are awesome. This one is no exception. Love the color combo. You can never go wrong with markers and notepads in my world! =)

Diana said...

I L-O-V-E these notepads. I hope you and your family are having a happy New Year.
I cannot wait to see what you have up your creative sleeve for us all in 2011.

Debbi said...

Mish this is absolutely ADORABLE!! Love the entire ensemble, and the Bee is to die for!!

ginalovesdave said...

I absolutely LOVE this! :-) Everything turned out so beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails