December 13, 2010

Love Tags...plus 12 Days of Christmas Day 9

Welcome to the second group post for the Papertrey Design Team this month. We're featuring the 2010 Love Tags stamp set and some fun Valentine ideas. Today is also Day 9 of Melissa's and Mishie's 12 Days of Christmas. It just so happens that our theme for today's countdown was Terrific Tags so we're using our PTI samples for today's projects. Enjoy!
First up are some cute tags made with the 2010 Love Tags stamp set, which will be available December 15th at Papertrey Ink. Using Papertrey tag dies, Happy Spots paper, vintage ledger paper and Cork Paper, I created some layered tags.
The *Be Mine* heart images one of the many from the 2010 Love Tag collection. Each of the PTI stamp designers contributed images to this set. Definitely a fun one to have for all those Valentine goodies. I love Valentine's Day and I always do a fun little countdown for my girls. For next year, I created a tag and coordinating heart tin for each little red. I'll add in little candies and treats for them to open the week of Valentine's Day.
And as a fun twist, I'm going to hide their little goodies in these vintage clothespin dresses that are currently in my Artsy Studio.
A little tag with their name on it....and a little goodie tucked inside each day along with some candy in the heart tins. Maybe some Reese's Hearts too...my faves.
Maybe some new fat quarters of fabric for Jordy...
And a pretty pink lip gloss for Josey....just little items to show that Mom loves them. :) Try to think outside the box when packaging items. Use items from your own home decor. You could also use little baskets....items wrapped in vintage hankies....spray painted tins that kids could use to hold pony tails or toy cars. Just get creative and have fun.
Here, I've created a card that with a non-Valentine theme. Although *be mine* just screams Valentine's Day, I combined some other sentiments to create a wedding card. The *Mr. & Mrs* is from 2010 Love Tags and the *happily ever after* is from Love Lives Here. A fun little collage of elements to create a whimsical wedding card.
And glitter makes everything better.....
Hope you enjoy! Be sure to check out the other Design Team blogs to see some projects I know you will LOVE:


AAnd how about a fun recipe to have handy for Valentine's Day? I think these Valentine Cookie Pops will be just the ticket for me this year! So cute for teacher gifts too. HERE is the recipe from Our Best Bites. Enjoy. Be sure to check Melissa's blog for a sweet treat too. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mish...sooooo sweet. You always do such fun things with the countdowns.

Unknown said...

Such cuteness! I love the tags.Your ideas are wonderful. I love the card. Just so pretty!!

Jessica said...

What adorable little dresses! Candy in the pockets... great idea!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous project, can you tell me where I can get hold of the the little circles with the scalloped edges you have used on it please?

thanks Louise

Diane Jaquay said...

DARLING projects today Mish!!!

Unknown said...

love the clothes pin dresses - i googled clothes pin dresses and found that someone had asked how to make them - most used a littl girls dress - sewed the hem together. anyway - i'm going to make a couple of these for NEXT christmas! thank you for all of the great ideas

Alice said...

sweet project! so cute!

Davi said...

How sweet those cute tags are. The are so great in the little tins and those little dresses are wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails