January 29, 2011

Heart Yo Yo Valentines

Happy Saturday, my blogging friends! Today my great state of Kansas celebrates it's 150th birthday. I am so proud to be a born and raised Kansas farm girl. As Dorothy would say, *There's no place like home*. If I had ruby slippers, I'd be wearing them today!!

Today I have some sweet Valentines to share with you. Front and center are some sweet little heart yo yos that my mom has been cranking out. She's a machine, I tell ya! Stay tuned for a fun addition to my Etsy shop soon. :) The background papers for my cards are from Cosmo Cricket. The Dainty Doilies are from my Etsy shop. Especially love them for Valentines. (Note: The views on Etsy are looking weird right now...probably a technical difficulty).
For the main focal point of my card I used the new Mat Stack 3 Collection of stamps and coordinating dies. A 1-3/4" circle punch or die fits perfectly in the center of the Mat Stack 3 image. Love to add a burst of patterned paper in there as a background. Am also loving the little label images that come with this stamp set. I used the one with little buttons on it and stamped a sentiment from the 2010 Love Tags stamp set. I would love to see dies for all of these little labels, wouldn't you?
I finished off my cards with some sweet Lemon Tart Luxe Satin Ribbon. Oh how I love pretty little bows.
I hope you enjoyed my Valentines today. I noticed that Nichol Magouirk posted a card featuring the Mat Stack 3 stamps and die. You can check her cute get well card out here.

For the rest of the day.....my mail lady delivered a box today. My Papertrey box. Oh my craftiness, are you guys in for a treat for February!! I am super dee duper excited!! I'm off to my studio to start working on projects today. Also it's the KU vs. KSU game. Go cats. Alway a fun rival...especially since we're a divided family. Lots of yelling and fun stuff like that!

Attention please. Not too hard with a photo like the one below, right? Some of you had a keen eye for cookies and saw this photo in my Project Life albums. Deliciously sinful, I tell ya. The recipe is called Chocolate Chip Oreo Sandwich from Picky Palate. So good right out of the oven. I made them 4 at a time so that they would be fresh and ooey gooey each time. If those weren't good enough there's also a recipe for Candy Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches. Good grief, I think I hear the Reese's calling my name now. Think I'll try both of these versions out with the mini versions of the Oreos and candy bars. And to send you right into heart attacker mode, how about this newest cookie from Picky Palate called Peanut Butter Butterscotch Chippers. Good thing I'm showing some restraint and have been hitting the tread mill lately. Hope your day is saaa-weeet!

13 comments:

Tammie said...

Love the use of yellow and green on valentine cards! Way cool! and the hear yo yo's are gorgeous! I am not even going to talk about the cookies...I don't want to drool on my keyboard!

Melissa said...

Mmmmm...feels like home on your blog Mishie...I just love it here.
Melis

Anonymous said...

Love the cards!! Went antiquing with a friend today and found some great stuff.....thanks for your inspiration on that.

GO WILDCATS!!!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!
I love the colors on your cards and your Mom is awesome at these yo'yo's!
Just a wonderful post...
feels like I'm stopping in at a dear friends and catching up on all the happenings...oogling all their goodies...
Can't wait to oogle all the new goodies with PTI starting next week...my first Anniversary...I've heard amazing things!

Susi said...

love the yo yo hearts...how pretty! i've got to figure out how to make myself some.

Karen C. said...

Love your post today Michelle. I am sitting here drooling over:
1) heart shaped yo yos on cards!!
2) cookies with cookies or chocolate bar centers!! Really?! I need one of those right now!!
3) your PTI box with all the new goodies!! Looking forward to February suprises.

Connie Pruitt said...

Your cards are adorable. I found the cookie recipe a couple days ago. I needed something for my husband to take to work. So I made the peanut butter butterscotch chipper. It was a big hit!

Nichol Magouirk said...

oh my gosh. I believe I need to try these ASAP.
and those heart yo yo's....LOVE. pure eye candy. :)

Diana F. said...

Wow, love these cards. I have been cranking out the fabric yo yo's too. They really are kind of addicting. There is something so calming about doing simple stitches. Thank you so much for showing us how to incorporate these for card making. I plan on using your cards as inspiration and make a half dozen yo yo cards tonight. And....you are killing me on the PTI comments, this is the second time in a blog post that you have hinted of what is to come, I cannot wait, if you are loving it, I KNOW I will.

Emily @SweetlyScrapped said...

Love the cards! Very pretty.

fialka012 said...

Krásné...

Linda McClain said...

Oh my goodness - both the cards and the cookies are sinfully sweet. Love them both!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love love LOVE these!!! The heart yo-yo's are ADORABLE! I've made plenty of yo-yo's in my time but I've never seen them shaped like hearts :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails