February 19, 2011

on the shelf...

Hey friends. Hope your weekend is off to a great start! Thanks for stopping by today, I always enjoy your company and nice comments. I really appreciate you guys.

Today I'm sharing what's on the shelf. Products that I want to work with, experiment with...get artsy with....so up on the shelf they go. It's a nice way to remind myself of what products I have in my stash. If you'd like to see previous on the shelf posts, click on the label at the bottom of this post and they'll all show up.

new threads: Since I've moved my nicer sewing machine into my craft studio I've been sewing on everything. I picked up a few of my favorite colors to change out every so often.
studio paints from claudine hellmuth: Keeping these on the shelf from last time as I didn't get to use this fun tool yet.
Lockhart stamps: A few new goodies arrived in the mail from Karen. :) Love that bug in the jar. I feel some Copic coloring coming on.
flock: Fun, fluffy stuff that I haven't experimented much with. I have a few ideas so we'll see if they turn out like I'm thinking.
shimmering pearl paints: I love the look of these and need to get artsy with them.
Studio Calico goodies: New papers, stamp, alphabets and more. Looking forward to adding some of these to my Project Life album.
sticky back canvas: Am thinking this stuff could be really fun with die cuts, paints, mists and more.
vintage wallpaper: A big, giant roll of this stuff is calling my name. Love the pattern on this roll and the texture of the old paper with the glue on the back.
fabrics: A few new fabrics to work with. Mom and I are getting together this week to have some fun.
And there ya have it folks. I've already created some fun goodies with the vintage wallpaper. Amazing how you want to play with your goodies when you have them sitting out as visual reminders. What projects are you working on today?

13 comments:

Donna K said...

we all definitely have more than we need or can use. it's a good idea to poke around and pull out a few unused or forgotten items to get those juices flowing. can't wait to see what your crafty mind comes up with. enjoy your weekend.

Diana F. said...

I love these posts. It is a good reminder to pull out stuff you already have and use it. I still do the "inspiration station" idea that you introduced a couple of years ago on this blog. I love those fabrics, the wallpaper and the twine. Makes me so happy to look at them. Right now I am pulled toward the color yellow, it catches my eye in everything right now. I guess it is b/c of the long, cold, snowy winter we have been having in TN. My projects this weekend include painting a wooden tray yellow, making a couple of cards, taking my nine pictures for the Feb. class for One Little Word, and looking for some new fabic to make more YoYo's. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Sally said...

I'm doing a 12 by 12 layout using MME lost and found pp- silver glittery dots and pale blue, quite stunning. Also following an older tut by Christine Middlecamp (savvy window) to make a gorgeous wee intricate mini- very cool! Just got an 8 1/2 by 11 album in kiwi and some MME papers Stella and Rose (LOVE)to start putting together the shell for 'week in my life' in a couple of months. All good!!

Cindy said...

All those things look so yummy. Sometimes I forget to get out my more artsy stuff and experiment. thanks for reminding us! I especially like the fabric, so summery. Is it from a particular line?

Audrey said...

I love that twine, Mish! Is it divine twine? Beautiful spring colors!

Sonya said...

I love how you create around "what's on the shelf". It's a brilliant way to challenge yourself!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea! I love that you pull out items for the shelf. Seriously - a very inspiring idea! I'm just getting back into my crafty side after a little break (genealogy took over my life for a while). I'm working on my card stash. Thanks for your continued inspiration.

Denise Young said...

I love that wallpaper. Where on earth did you find that? I wish I could shop with you just once...I could learn a few things (I think).

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

can't wait to see what you are going to create with the fabric and wall paper. Cute stuff!

We have a 4 day weekend due to Teacher in service Mon and Tues and had a speech meet today, so can't wait to get into my craft room and do some creating. All your yo-yo's have me itching to make some.

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Love looking thru your blog...
It's so fresh and fun each time.
I have a question, what is your Project Life album I see a comment about it in this post but can't find the story about it on your blog.

Becky B. said...

Thank you for all the inspiration! I volunteer for a local community theater group as their set painter. I have used the woodgraining tool MANY, MANY times but I never even thought to use it for my own crafting goodness! The faux bois look does look cool with fun colors on small pieces of furniture. I can't wait to try it on a card or mini book cover! You are always inspiring me to think outside the box! Thank you! I've been dying to have some extra time to make some fabric yo-yos too!

Alicia said...

Can't wait!

Georgette said...

Seeing you use vintage wallpaper brings this information to mind. Stores that carry wallpaper books are more than willing to give you their old books for free. I've used the papers to make so many things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails