September 27, 2011

Project Life Update....

Hi there, I'm back today with another Project Life update. This week I used some papers that I purchased from Basic Grey from their Out of Print collection. A little out of my usual homespun style but I knew these papers would be great to use with school pages/photos of the girls. And right now we're definitely into all things *school* so it worked perfectly + our school colors are black & white so the colors fit right in with this week's photos.

Project Life....week of September 11th to September 17th, 2011

The two page spread. I love the finished 2 pages side by side because it reinforces what I'm trying to accomplish with my Project Life....more of a traditional 2 page look.
The left page....
The right page.....
For the main weekly date insert, I used that fun floral paper from Basic Grey. I cut out the flower, used a whimsical chipboard alphabet + Studio Calico butterfly mask, Mister Huey spray mist & stapled on SC chipboard butterflies. Label with *to do* was topped with small alphabet letters and stitched on with red thread because that's what's in my sewing machine at the moment. Cute yo-yo with button sits in the center of the flower. Love this whimsical look.
More stickers with typewriter journaling + additional cut out flowers.

More Basic Grey patterned papers, 7 Gypsies number stamps, Studio Calico Fabrips + a favorite new product from Studio Calico.....those little sticky notes. Love them and will use them lots, I'm sure. The best part is that they are thin like copy paper so just stick 'em on a sheet of paper and they go through vintage typewriters so easily.

Here I used a journaling tear off sheet from a Smash Pad + another arrow sticky note from Studio Calico. I also used a black & white chevron sack from my Etsy shop. I love that they fit into the Project Life journaling pockets. I added another cut out flower + October Afternoon circle sticker + some border stickers with numbers. A Project Life grid journaling card is tucked into the chevron sack. I added a scrap of patterned paper to a Studio Calico chipboard tag and stapled it onto the journaling card. Here, two entries went on one journaling card. I just used my date stamp to mark the two separate days.
Here I used a small photo of flowers in a journaling card space. I typed on a Studio Calico stick note and stitched it onto the photo. For the Gator journaling card, I used another SC sticky note that was topped with small alphabet stickers.
My Project Life status: I'm keeping up with current weeks and am slowly getting a week or two done from when I got behind this summer. Loving it still!

Etsy shop update: I got a new shipment of the chevron sacks + all the grid & notebook paper sacks yesterday. I'll have more in the shop towards the end of the week.

Okay, off the computer now. I've got a birthday party to plan + presents to buy for a soon to be 13 year old. Two teenagers in the house come Saturday!! Have a great day everyone.

2 comments:

Noreen said...

You've been doing a wonderful job keeping your journal up to date! In a few years you will love having it to read!

lisa westphal said...

Love how you've cut out the flowers, used lots of awesome alpha stickers and added stitching to your tabs and other 'bits' :)
Looking at your PL makes me want to hop up and work on mine! :)
Yours looks GREAT!! :)
Thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails