October 2, 2011

birthday cards from scraps...

Hi there. Amidst all of the crazy fun of having my sister & nephew here since Wednesday and having 6 girls here for a birthday party this weekend, I managed to make a few cards this morning while everyone was occupied.

It's pretty easy to throw a few cards together if you just use up the scraps from a scrapbooking project. I've decided that I'm going to make a few cards from each of my weekly Project Life scraps. If you're a scrapbooker, you definitely need to try this. You'll have a great stash of cards in no time.

For my cards, I already had out the scraps of paper, a few Studio Calico chipboard butterflies + the little journaling sticky notes from this Project Life spread. I cut out a few more flowers from the Basic Grey paper too. To complete my cards, I grabbed my Birthday Bash Sentiments from Papertrey, some Rustic White cardstock, some black ink, rhinestones, Washi tape and black & white twine. I also used the card in the photo below as my inspiration piece. Having a sample card to look at or a cards sketch makes the work go even faster.
And here are my completed cards. So easy to assemble because most of the products were already out. These are not my normal colors but I think they'll make great birthday cards for the girls' teenage friends. Did I tell you I have TWO teenagers now? Good times, indeed.
Love these big & bold flowers that I cut from the Basic Grey paper.
The birthday sentiments were stamped on the round sticky notes + directly onto my base layer of patterned papers. A little Washi tape, some machine stitching + baker's twine tied up with the chipboard butterflies = some fun and easy cards.
Who knows, maybe I'll make this a regular feature here on the blog. It's sure an easy way to get a few cards cranked out. Here's a link to some previous cards I made from leftovers. And hey, did you do anything fun for World Card Making Day???? I'd love to hear.

This week:

Holiday Journal Mini Album Kits.....I'll be announcing the date that the remaining kits will be up for sale in the shop. Plus hopefully I'll be able to post a few photos of some updated items that will be in the kits.

Halloween treat packaging kits.....coming to the shop later this week. Look for a blog post for sample projects. Black + white striped pocket sacks, Elle's Studio goodness, twine, homemade goodness.......you won't want to miss these!

4 comments:

Anita &/or Char said...

Love the scrapi-ness...as always you inspire

Jennifer said...

I love it when you feature posts that show us how to use up scraps and misc. supplies... cause we all have a pile of those. Please keep those kind of posts coming! Love your ideas as always! -Jennifer

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love your feature post that show us how to use up scraps and misc......Thanks for sharing this inspiration ....
plastic key tags

Related Posts with Thumbnails