June 13, 2013

Gossamer Blue meets Lily Bee.....a notebook

Hey there, today I'm back to share a creation made from the June Gossamer Blue kits.  This month we teamed up with Lily Bee to create some fun filled kits.  Be sure to check the Gossamer Blue blog + the Lily Bee blog to see more team creations.  

I created this cheery notebook because I just love to make notebooks.  I saw this yellow one in my stash that I picked up from Target (I don't see them carrying this style anymore, boo!) and decided it would look great with the fun yellow accents from the Lily Bee products.  
My favorite part about my notebook is the whimsical brad and flair from the Lily Bee Sweet Shoppe pack that was in the GB June Main Add-on kit.  Such a fun little grouping and I added a little sequin from my shop as a finishing touch. For the layers on the notebook I used red stitching and Dainty Doily
 The pretty floral patterned paper that I created the notched piece with is from the June Add-on Kit #2.  I also used the exclusive "today" stamp from the June Main Add-on Kit, Washi tape and stickers from the kits.  The fun "hello love" fabric tab is from the June Bits & Pieces Kit & the Medium Manila Parcel Tag is from my shop.
 To coordinate with my notebook I also created a fun clothespin clip using leftover bits and pieces.  I like to use the clothespins to mark a page in the notebook or to clip other loose notes to my notebook.
Notebooks are great to have on hand and I keep mine in a basket.  I sometimes will pull out one to use when I want a fresh, new notebook to use.....and they make the best gifts for teachers, secretaries at the school, Christmas stocking stuffers, etc.  Everyone loves the notebooks!  I find the best notebooks to embellish at Target it seems.  Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is such a pretty notebook, it makes me want to create one of my own! You did a great job! =)

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness Mish. This is just so sweet and fun. I adore it!
Melis

Cook Scrap Craft said...

That notebook is so cute! I love the clothespin.

Unknown said...

Wow, I always love your posts on making notebooks. I love paper of any kind. I find myself always going to the notebook/pen/paper section of Target and Walmart every time I am at these stores just to see what they have new. I love seeing how you put your notebooks together with color and pp and embellishments. Love it! Diana F.

Related Posts with Thumbnails