July 23, 2013

From journaling cards to greeting cards...

Hey there. Thought I would share some creations for all the card makers out there today.  Sometimes I just feel like sitting down and creating.  No particular project in mind.  No deadlines.  Just a little stamping to see what I end up with.  I had these stamps sitting on my desk, waiting to be inked up.  The left is from Avery Elle, the middle is from Mama Elephant and the right is a set that I believe I got in a Studio Calico class (?).  
I grabbed a few blank Becky Higgins 3 x 4 journaling cards and just started creating.  I started by adding some strips of patterned paper from my favorite papers from the October Afternoon Travel Girl paper pad.  All of these fun patterns will be showing up in the August Gossamer Blue kits.  I love that there are patterns mixed in that aren't all travel themed.  

I then just started stamping some flowers and sentiments.  I ended up doodling lines around the journaling cards with a very fine 0.2 Copic Multiliner pen.  
I cut some card fronts and added index cards and graph paper which I trimmed down.  I've been reaching a lot for these office supply types of papers as they make great, neutral backgrounds.  I added the journaling cards and then strips of Washi tape.  When I'm mass producing cards I like to use my old tape dispenser to cut my tape.  I like that even, torn edge. 
Here they are, all lined up like little soldiers.
So fun and easy.  Kind of whimsical but pretty.  I added some orange vintage twine to a few cards.
These took very little time to assemble once my stamping was done.  It was sure fun just to fiddle around and see what happens.
So tell me card makers, what have you been creating lately?  I recently needed a sympathy card and a card for a friend who has breast cancer.  Those kinds of cards can be tough but they are the most appreciated, I think.  I really need to build up my stash for those types of cards as it's kind of hard to create a more serious card when you need one on the spot.  

In shop news....all of my remaining card kits are on sale right now. The Mixed Florals Card Kit and the   Mixed Greetings Card Kit are still available.  I also just added some finished greeting cards to the shop. I'll be creating card packs to give to some teachers and school secretaries soon.  I package these in embellished sacks like the ones you can create with my Mellow Yellow Packaging Kits. All items ordered from my shop by this Friday will be shipped by Saturday.  I'll then be taking the shop down for a week while I'm on vacation.  As always, thank you so much for your patronage.  It means so much.  

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

Oh my. How I love ur cards. Love.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

WOW!!!! fabulous card and design!!!!
loving th colors, too.
tfs:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails