December 9, 2013

2013 Holiday Planners

Last week I had a fun crafting day with a friend.  We love to make notebooks together to give out to family and friends.  We worked on 2013 Holiday Planners, something I particularly love to create each year. 
We used papers and embellishments from Crate Paper's Bundle Up collection.
Buttons, enamel dots, twine and little tidbits were sprinkled on here and there.  The sentiments were from Avery Elle's Winter Wreath set.  The "making a list" stamp was from Gossamer Blue's 2013 December Memories Kit.
I create my notebooks with 2 Papertrey Ink lined notepads.  For the covers, I score and wrap cardstock around the front and back so that I create a booklet of sorts. No measuring, just marking lines as I go with my thumbnail, then I trim and/or score.  This little notebook is the one I kept for myself.  The circle stamp is from Papertrey Ink and I used a 1.75" circle punch to punch out the image.
You know those large chipboard sheets you see but you might hesitate to use them because they're bulky and dimensional?  They're perfect for notebooks.  I love the 3-dimensional look.
For packaging I use Large Kraft Sacks and Medium Manila Parcel Tags with more of the Crate Paper patterned paper and Avery Elle stamps.  
Such fun little gifts for making shopping lists for the holiday season.  I plan to tuck in a wrapped candy bar and candy cane, tied up with more baker's twine.  Enjoy!

A few new items are trickling into my shop, including some vintage storage items + these fun mini Instagram photos.  I plan to use them on gift tags and cards and will have some ideas here on the blog soon.  I also have a fun snowflake packaging kit and woodland deer kit coming soon.  



9 comments:

Evgenia Petzer said...

they are so adorable!

Suzy Girl said...

These are my favorite planners that you've made! Love these. Thanks for sharing.

crazymom said...

Hooray for more note pads! These are adorable!! ♥

Unknown said...

I absolutely love these!!! Every year I look for this particular post at the holidays. I have started making these as gifts years ago when you first posted your notebooks and to this day my friends request them. I have a few made up for my Christmas dinner parties to give to my friends in a little table treat bag. Hand making tags and packaging them the Mish Mash way this week:) Love the colors you used and I have just been so happy with this Crate Paper line. Using it a great deal in my December Daily and will be using it to sew up a cute banner for my kitchen window for the holidays.

kolleen said...

Awesome holiday planners!

kolleen said...

Awesome holiday planners!

robynthedoglover said...

Will you be doing a post soon about your hot chocolate station?

cghundley said...

Really cute and
fun notebooks.
And the bags are
wonderful also.
Carla from Utah

Tami McBeain said...

I always look forward to seeing your little notebooks, these are adorable! And the packaging is just as adorable as the notebook inside!

Related Posts with Thumbnails